Wanting to implement some better spam-control measures on the blog, and having been duly tantalized by some new features that have been announced, I today took the big plunge. I upgraded WordPress from Version 1.2.1 to Version 1.5!
It was a bit of an adventure, but I made good backups before I started, so I wasn’t terribly worried about blowing things to smithereens if necessary. As it turns out, that did become necessary. Also, my snazzy Rubric template didn’t translate well into the new “Themes” system used in WordPress 1.5, so I had to choose a new one and suitably tailor it to my needs. I think I’ve got things pretty well reassmebled now, but if you see anything amiss, kindly e-mail me so I can fix it.
I have now installed what is described as a foolproof anti-comment-spam plugin. I hope everyone will have no trouble commenting now. If you do, please cut and paste whatever error message you get, and send me an e-mail so that I’ll know. This means you, LordHutton. 🙂
There’s lots to talk about, especially my recent bout of hairlessness, but it will have to wait just a bit longer. Stay tuned.